Five tips to help restart your medical practice
Is your medical practice brand new? Has your existing medical practice undergone a big renovation? Don’t miss the opportunity to generate some buzz and attract new clients by hosting a grand opening event in your community. Here are five easy ideas to make the most of your medical practice’s grand opening:
1. Do something special – Free blood pressure screenings. A photo booth for local kids. First aid classes. Bone marrow donor registration. Adding a creative “hook” to your grand-opening can help attract visitors to your event. You can also team up with neighboring businesses or health advocates to provide special services that are tied to your medical practice’s mission.
2. Reach out to local leaders – Politicians love a good old fashioned ribbon cutting event, especially one that is focused on bringing quality health care to their constituents. Reach out to your local city council member, mayor, representative or senator to see if they want to be the guest of honor at your event. Give them a platform for a short speech along with the ribbon cutting affair.
3. Invite the press – Once you have your special hook in place and your local leader scheduled to attend, it will be easier to get reporters interested in swinging by too. Reach out to local newspaper writers, TV reporters and radio stations to see if they want to feature your medical practice’s grand opening event.
4. Online Marketing – Online marketing is crucial for new medical practices to survive. As the patient community shops online for their health care online, having a web presence is a powerful resource to help customers find you. Practice Fusion provides you with an online doctor profile on our Patient Fusion platform. Don’t forget to use social media to help promote your event and turn the attendees into new loyal patients. Your practice’s Facebook page is a great hub for the event details, photos and special offers.
5. Patient Savings – As prescription costs continue to rise, patients often lack the available funds to pay for their prescriptions and often refrain from filling their prescriptions. Coupons help alleviate the patient costs and helps your patients follow their care plan and get back to health faster. Lowering treatment costs and improving accessibility to care is essential to improving patient outcomes. An EHR like Practice Fusion can help patients quickly determine the most affordable cost of treatment.