Meaningful Use FAQ: Answers to the top Meaningful Use questions
Have you joined the discussion on our user Help Forum? If you have a burning question about using Practice Fusion to meet Meaningful Use criteria, it’s a good place to start. In this blog post, we’d like to address the most common Meaningful Use questions our users have had over the past few weeks.
How does the 2014 Meaningful Use Dashboard work?
The 2014 Meaningful Use Dashboard is a brand new interactive report that you can use to track your progress on Meaningful Use criteria for either Stage 1 or Stage 2 of Meaningful Use. By charting patient visits in Practice Fusion, the Dashboard will automatically track your progress towards the requirements. Within your SOAP notes, make sure you select an encounter type by clicking Finalize and sign the note to ensure the Dashboard calculates your patient visits. Read more about the 2014 Meaningful Use Dashboard.
How do I attest for Meaningful Use?
Attestation is a legal declaration that you have met the Meaningful Use requirements for a specific reporting period. This process involves submitting values for core measures, menu measures, and clinical quality measures (CQMs) online. The deadline to attest for the Medicare EHR Incentive program for the 2014 reporting year is October 3rd, 2014.
How do I achieve the Stage 1 Core Measure: Protect Electronic Health Information?
While you can leave a great deal of the technical heavy lifting for security to us, only you know how your practice works on a day-to-day basis. As a result, Practice Fusion cannot provide specific guidance on how to complete a security risk analysis that fits your practice. There are certain administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards you need to evaluate per the HIPAA Security Rule. Fortunately, there are a number of tools available to help conduct this analysis. After completing the security risk analysis, you can manually indicate this in your Meaningful Use Dashboard by checking the box next to this measure. Read more about achieving the Stage 1 Protect Electronic Health Information Core Measure
How do I achieve the Stage 1 Core Measure: Clinical Summaries?
Stage 1 of Meaningful Use requires that you provide clinical summaries for your patients for more than 50% of office visits within 3 business days. The easiest way to meet this requirement is to enroll your patient in our PHR, Patient Fusion. Because we understand not all patients have e-mail addresses, you may also print a clinical summary from the Patient Actions dropdown. Note that SOAP notes must be finalized (before signing) in order to receive credit on the dashboard. Read more about achieving the Stage 1 Core Measure: Clinical Summaries
Below you can find additional Meaningful Use posts that address commonly asked questions:
General Meaningful Use
- Am I eligible for Meaningful Use?
- How do I start Meaningful Use?
- How do I choose my reporting period duration for Meaningful Use?
- What stage of Meaningful Use am I in?
- What are the exclusions for Meaningful Use? What should I do if a measure doesn’t apply to my specialty?
- How do I qualify for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program?
2014 and Practice Fusion product updates
- How does the 2014 Meaningful Use Dashboard work?
- How do the components of the new chart note relate to Meaningful Use?
- How Do I Report CQMs for 2014 MU?
- What are the Clinical Decision Support Advisories?
- What are the Stage 1 Meaningful Use Requirements?
- How do I achieve the Stage 1 Core Measure: Clinical Summaries?
- How do I meet Stage 1 Menu Measure 9: Immunization Data Submission?
- What are the the Stage 2 Meaningful Use Requirements?
- How do I achieve Stage 2 Core Measure 1: CPOE for Medication, Lab, and Radiology Orders?
For more information about the EHR Incentive Program, visit Practice Fusion’s Meaningful Use center.