You may have seen in the news over the past few days that some healthcare organizations around the world are dealing with a significant ransomware attack, referred to as “WannaCry.” Our ongoing commitment to information security means that we have already taken precautions to protect against this attack and others like it.
Practice Fusion makes data security one of our top priorities. We regularly upgrade and maintain all of our operating systems and web-based software with the latest security updates. We employ a team of security professionals who are dedicated to staying one step ahead of the bad guys.
This also serves as a reminder that there are a few security best practices that you can adopt on your practice’s local computer network as well:
Use up-to-date software
- Ensure you’re using the latest version of your web browser to access the Internet
- Keep your computer’s anti-virus programs up-to-date
- Upgrade to a modern operating system if you’re using old systems like Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
Use email best practices
- Only open emails from senders you know
- Exercise caution before clicking on any links or opening attachments sent to you via email that you weren’t expecting to receive
We’ve made security and infrastructure investments one of our top priorities since we launched our web-based EHR in 2007, so you can spend your valuable time with your patients.
The Practice Fusion Team