Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Wyoming to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Wyoming PDMP requirements.
Only licensed practitioners and pharmacists who are registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration, Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy controlled substance license and pharmacist license will have access to WORx. The Board established a Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, as authorized in W.S. 35-7-1060. The Board collects Schedule II-IV controlled substance prescription information from all resident and non-resident retail pharmacies that dispense to residents of Wyoming.
The purpose of WORx (Wyoming Online Prescription Database) is to create a 24/7 seamless point-of-care access system so practitioners and pharmacists help identify, deter or prevent drug abuse.
- Support access to legitimate medical use of controlled substances
- Facilitate and encourage the identification, intervention with treatment of person(s) addicted to prescription drugs
- Inform public health initiatives through outlining of use and abuse trends
To register for the WORx, visit https://worxpdmp.com/registration
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.