Texas: e-Prescribing of Controlled Substances
The Practice Fusion EHR provides advanced electronic prescribing capabilities, including electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS).*
Practice Fusion: Using an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to meet Texas state mandates for certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS). EPCS allows you to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from the Practice Fusion EHR
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies
- Reduce unnecessary office visits
- Improve safety and reduce fraud and abuse
- Fully integrated with the Practice Fusion EHR and e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for fast identity verification
- Provides patient-specific formularies and Drug & Allergy interaction checks
- Automatically receive Electronic Prior Authorizations (ePA) for prescriptions
Start a 14-day free trial to get started.
Texas State Mandates
Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
Federal Mandate: Medicare Part D Practitioners In 2018 the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act was passed by the federal government. The Act includes legislation that requires Medicare Part D practitioners to begin electronically prescribing Part D drugs requiring prior authorization on January 1, 2021. Medicare Part D prescribers in every state are subject to the above stated mandate and must comply.
Texas State Mandate: All Prescribers Finalized under Texas House Bill 2174, beginning January 1, 2021 all controlled substance prescriptions in the state of Texas must be electronically prescribed. Under this ruling certain exceptions will be allowed and there will be potential for waivers. Those who do not comply with the EPCS mandate may be subject to disciplinary action by the governing board. Prescribers are encouraged to adopt the capability to electronically prescribe controlled substances prior to the mandatory implementation date of January 1, 2021. For further details please refer directly to Texas House Bill 2174.
Why choose Practice Fusion for EPCS
Whether you just need a simple solution to address state mandates or are interested in more robust features such as text message appointment reminders or charting, Practice Fusion has the right features to meet your needs. We offer advanced e-prescribing capabilities including electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS), prior authorization management and allergy alerts. Your subscription will also include features such as:
- Electronic lab and imaging test ordering and results
- Compliance tracking
- Appointment scheduling
- Text message appointment reminders
- Support for quality payment programs
Experience Practice Fusion with a 14-day free trial
Experience first-hand the value of a Practice Fusion subscription. There’s no risk, no commitment, and no cost or credit card required.
*Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) is only available in the 50 US states and the District of Columbia