Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Mississippi to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Mississippi PDMP requirements.
The Mississippi Prescription Monitoring Program (MS PMP) is an electronic tracking program managed by the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy to aid practitioners and dispensers in providing proper pharmaceutical care relating to controlled substances. It also serves as a tool for regulatory agencies and authorized law enforcement to identify potential inappropriate use of controlled substance prescription medication. The MS PMP is an online service available 24/7 that provides patient’s controlled substance drug profile as well as prescriber and dispenser information.
Integrating MS PMP data within an Electronic Health Record (EHR) like Practice Fusion, provides a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. The EHR automatically initiates a patient query, validates the provider’s credentials in MS PMP and returns the patient’s prescription record directly within the provider’s EHR. The integration should seamlessly fit into the clinical workflow and allow for real-time or near real-time presentation of MS PMP data within the EHR.
To register for the Mississippi PMP, visit https://Mississippi.pmpaware.net/identities/new
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.