Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Minnesota to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Minnesota PDMP requirements.
The Minnesota Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) is a tool to be used by prescribers and pharmacists to assist in managing their patient’s care. It contains information provided by Minnesota licensed pharmacies and prescriber dispensers. Pharmacies and prescribers who dispense from their office submit prescription data to the PMP system for all Schedules II, III, IV and V controlled substances, butalbital and gabapentin dispensed in or into Minnesota. This protected health information is collected and stored securely. Minnesota licensed prescribers and pharmacists, and their delegated staff may be authorized to access information from the PMP database.The program was implemented to promote public health and welfare by detecting diversion, abuse and misuse of prescriptions for controlled substances as defined in Minnesota Statutes Section 152.126.
To register for the Minnesota MNPMP, visit http://pmp.pharmacy.state.mn.us/pmp-user-registration-and-resources.html
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.