Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Kentucky to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Kentucky PDMP requirements.
Kentucky All Schedule Prescription Electronic Reporting or KASPER is a controlled substance prescription monitoring system that is designed to a source of information for practitioners and pharmacists to assist them with providing medical and pharmaceutical patient care using controlled substance medications. KASPER also provides an investigative tool for law enforcement and regulatory agencies to assist with authorized reviews and investigations. KASPER is not intended to prevent patients from receiving needed controlled substance medications.
Integrating KASPER data within an Electronic Health Record (EHR) like Practice Fusion, provides a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. The EHR automatically initiates a patient query, validates the provider’s credentials in KASPER and returns the patient’s prescription record directly within the provider’s EHR. The integration should seamlessly fit into the clinical workflow and allow for real-time or near real-time presentation of KASPER data within the EHR.
To register for the Kentucky PMP, visit https://ekasper.chfs.ky.gov/accessrequest/accessrequest.aspx
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.