Practice Fusion: Using an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to meet Kansas state mandates for certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS).
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Surescripts certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for fast identity verification
- Provides patient-specific formularies and Drug & Allergy interaction checks
- Automatically receive Electronic Prior Authorizations (ePA) for prescriptions
- Includes comprehensive reporting modules
K-TRACS is the Kansas Prescription Drug Monitoring Program. K-TRACS tracks and monitors prescriptions for Schedule II, III, and IV controlled substances and other drugs of concern dispensed to Kansas patients to prevent the abuse, misuse, and diversion of controlled substances.
Although the integration between Practice Fusion and the Kansas PMP is not yet available, integrating Kansas PMP data within an Electronic Health Record (EHR) like Practice Fusion, can help provide a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. An EHR that is integrated with the Kansas PMP has the ability to automatically initiate a patient query, validate the provider’s credentials in Kansas PMP, and return the patient’s prescription record directly within the provider’s EHR. The integration would seamlessly fit into the clinical workflow and allow for near real-time presentation of Kansas PMP data within the EHR.
To register for the Kansas PMP, visit https://Kansas.pmpaware.net/identities/new
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.