Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Illinois to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Illinois PDMP requirements.
The Illinois Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) collects information on controlled substance prescriptions dispensed in Illinois. The PMP web site allows prescribers and dispensers to view a current or prospective patient’s prescription history. All prescribers with a control substance license must register with the ILPMP regardless of practice.
The goal of the PMP is to assist prescribers and dispensers in the effective treatment of patients seeking medical care. The PMP provides schedules II-V controlled substance prescription information and records viewable for 12 months.
To register for the Illinois PMP, visit [hhttps://www.ilpmp.org/pre_SearchLicense_Presciber1.php]https://www.ilpmp.org/pre_SearchLicense_Presciber1.php)
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.