Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Idaho to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Idaho PDMP requirements.
The prescription monitoring program is a statewide electronic database which collects designated data on controlled substances dispensed in the state of Idaho.
In an effort to assist prescribers and pharmacists with patient care related to controlled substance prescriptions and to combat prescription drug abuse, the Idaho Prescription Monitoring Program was implemented in 1997 (under title 37, chapter 27, 37-2726 (2)). It is a tool provided to prescribers of controlled substances and to pharmacists who are considering dispensing controlled substance prescriptions to patients.
IDAPA 27.01.03.500 states, “Specified data on controlled substances must be reported by the end of the next business day by all drug outlets that dispense controlled substances in or into Idaho and prescribers that dispense controlled substances to humans. Data on controlled substance prescription drug samples does not need to be reported.”
To register for the Idaho PMP, visit https://idaho.pmpaware.net/identities/new
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.