Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Hawaii to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Hawaii PDMP requirements.
Any registrant of the Narcotics Enforcement Division (NED) who dispenses controlled substances in Hawaii is required by law to register with the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program to submit data on what has been dispensed. The registrant will need to register with Clearinghouse as a data submitter. A registrant of NED that does not dispense but would like to request data from the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program can register as a data requestor through the AWARxE website.
Integrating Hawaii PMP data within an Electronic Health Record (EHR) like Practice Fusion, provides a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. The EHR automatically initiates a patient query, validates the provider’s credentials in Hawaii PMP and returns the patient’s prescription record directly within the provider’s EHR. The integration should seamlessly fit into the clinical workflow and allow for real-time or near real-time presentation of Hawaii PMP data within the EHR.
To register for PMP in Hawaii, visit https://hipdmp-ph.hidinc.com/hilogappl/bdhipdmqlog/pmqhome.html
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.