Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Delaware to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Delaware PDMP requirements.
The Delaware Prescription Monitoring Act (16 Del. C.§ 4798) authorizes the Office of Controlled Substances (OCS) in the Delaware Division of Professional Regulation to establish, maintain and monitor the PMP. The purpose of the PMP is to reduce misuse of controlled substances in Delaware and to promote improved professional practice and patient care.
The PMP is a system that collects information on all controlled substance (schedules II-V) prescriptions. Using the PMP website, Delaware-licensed pharmacies and prescribers who dispense controlled substances report prescription data to the PMP daily. Prescribers and dispensers registered with the PMP can obtain immediate access to an online report of their current or prospective patient’s controlled substance prescription history. This PMP website is available 24/7 and is to be used for healthcare purposes only.
To register for the Delaware PMP, visit [https://dpr.delaware.gov/boards/pmp/]](https://dpr.delaware.gov/boards/pmp/)
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.