Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Colorado to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA requirements and the Colorado’s PDMP requirements.
The Colorado Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) is a powerful tool for prescribers and dispensers to help reduce prescription drug misuse, abuse and diversion: helping them to make more informed decisions when considering prescribing or dispensing a controlled substance to a patient.
Prescribers and dispensers can use the PDMP to stop “doctor-shopping,” a tactic used by patients to obtain prescription drugs for misuse, abuse or diversion from multiple prescribers or dispensers without their knowledge.
Colorado is currently tracking prescribers and dispensers use of the program by how many controlled substance prescriptions are being dispensed, how many Colorado patients are receiving those prescriptions and how frequently the prescribers and dispensers are accessing the system to look up a patient before prescribing or dispensing controlled substance prescriptions.
To register for PMP, visit https://colorado.pmpaware.net/identities/new
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.