Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Alabama to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA requirements and the Alabama’s PDMP requirements.
On April 26, 2018, new laws went into effect regarding the prescribing and dispensing of opioids in the state of Arizona. Additionally, dispensing pharmacists are required to review the PMP record of a patient receiving a schedule II controlled substance for the preceding 12 months.
Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) § 36-2606 requires each medical practitioner licensed under Title 32 (i.e. MD, DO, DDS, DMD, DPM, HMD, PA, NP, ND, and OD) and who possesses a DEA license to review the preceding 12 months of a patient’s PMP record before prescribing an opioid analgesic or benzodiazepine controlled substance listed in schedule II, III or IV
To register for PMP, visit https://arizona.pmpaware.net/identities/new
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.