Earn $63,750 in State Medicaid EHR Incentive Payments
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) currently provide EHR incentive payments to eligible professionals participating in Medicare and Medicaid programs who adopt, implement, upgrade, and demonstrate meaningful use of certified Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology.
The last year to begin participating in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program is 2016. Eligible professionals may receive Medicaid EHR incentive payments for up to $63,750 over six years, although it is not required for an eligible professional to participate on a consecutive annual basis. However, 2021 is the final year the eligible professional can receive Medicaid EHR incentive payments.
Medicaid Incentive Payments Overview:
- Only one incentive payment per year.
- Pattern of incentives are same regardless of start year.
- First year payment is $21,250.
- Maximum incentives are $63,750 over six years.
- Must begin by 2016 to receive incentive payments.
|Max payout per year||First year of participation||First year of participation|
Key differences between the Federal and State Medicaid Incentive programs:
|Federal Medicare EHR Incentive Program||State Medicaid EHR Incentive Program|
|Administered by CMS.||Administered by your State Medicaid Agency.|
|Maximum incentive amount is $44,000.||Maximum incentive amount is $63,750.|
|Payments over five consecutive years.||Payments over six years, does not have to be consecutive.|
|Providers must demonstrate meaningful use every year to receive incentive payments.||In the first year providers can receive an incentive payment for adopting, implementing, or upgrading EHR technology.
Providers must demonstrate meaningful use in the remaining years to receive incentive payments.
|Medicare EPs include:<ul><li>Doctor of medicine or osteopathy.<li>Doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine.<li>Doctor of podiatric medicine.<li>Doctor of optometry.<li>Chiropractor.||Medicaid EPs include:<ul><li>Physician.<li>Nurse practitioner.<li>Certified nurse – midwife.<li>Dentist.<li>Some physician assistants.<li>Doctor of optometry (certain states only).</ul>|
The EHR Incentive program is administered voluntarily by states. Hardship extensions and participation grace periods are provided in some states.
Select a state below to learn more about participating:
- Alabama Medicaid’s Meaningful Use Agency
- Alaska State Level Registry
- Arizona Medicaid Electronic Health Records Incentive Program
- Arkansas Incentive Payment Team (AIPT)
- California Medi-Cal Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- Colorado Registration & Attestation System (CO R&A)
- Connecticut Medical Assistance Provider Incentive Repository (MAPIR)
- Delaware Medical Assistance Program (DMAP)
- D.C.Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF)
- Florida Medicaid Incentive Program
- Georgia Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Hawaii Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Idaho Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- Illinois Electronic Health Record Medicaid Incentive Payment Program (eMIPP)
- Indiana Medicaid Electronic Health Records Incentive Program
- Iowa State Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
- Kentucky Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Louisiana LAConnect EHR Incentive Program
- Maine MaineCare Health Information Technology Meaningful Use Program
- Maryland Meaningful Use Resource Center (CRISP)
- Massachusetts eHealth Institute Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Michigan Health IT
- Minnesota EHR Incentive Program (MEIP)
- Mississippi Division of Medicaid EHR Provider Incentive Program
- Missouri MoHealthNet State Level Registry (SLR)
- Montana DPHHS State Level Registry (SLR)
- Nebraska Medicaid Program Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program
- Nevada Medicaid Incentive Payment Program for Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- New Hampshire dhhs Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program
- New Jersey Health Information Technology (Health IT) Program
- New Mexico NM Medicaid EHR Program
- New York NY Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- North Carolina NC Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- North Dakota Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- Ohio Medicaid Provider Incentive Program (MPIP)
- Oklahoma Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- Oregon Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Puerto Rico SALUD State Level Registry (SLR)
- Rhode Island Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program
- South Carolina Health information Technology Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- South Dakota DSS Medicaid Electronic Health Records Incentive Payment Program
- Texas Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Utah Medicaid Health Information Technology (HIT) Incentive Payment Program
- Vermont Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (EHRIP)
- Virginia VHQC EHR Medicaid Incentive Program
- Washington Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Program
- West Virginia WV Medicaid EHR Incentive Payment Information
- Wisconsin Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program
- Wyoming Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
Meaningful Use support every step of the way
We make participating in Meaningful Use easy. With a Practice Fusion account, contact our Meaningful Use Specialists and maximize your EHR Incentive payments.