Practice Fusion Knowledge Base
CMS & other regulatory resources
CMS Webinar Slides:
Practice Fusion blog
- CMS expands reporting options for the Quality Payment Program starting in 2017
- HHS Announces $20 million in funding to help small practices get ready for the quality payment program
- CMS broadens MU Eligible Professionals with Eligible Clinicians
- Four ways to get ready for the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) introduced by MACRA
- What is MACRA and MIPS?
- The importance of small practices in value-based care
- Helping you successfully participate in the Quality Payment Program under MACRA
- CMS releases final rule for the Quality Payment Program: 4 things you need to know for participating in 2017
- MACRA update: HHS proposes plan to replace Meaningful Use with Advancing Care Information in 2017
- CMS Administrator Andy Slavitt, MACRA, and Meaningful Use 3: The Practice Fusion perspective
What is the Quality Payment Program?
Quality Payment Program is the name given to the new Medicare value-based reimbursement system. The program has two tracks for participation: MIPS and APM
What are APMs?
MACRA allows providers who take further steps towards transforming healthcare to be exempt from MIPS and participate in Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
How to prepare
Individual eligible providers can prepare to meet all MIPS measures and be ready to avoid penalties and earn bonuses on January 1, 2017.
In this new MIPS performance category, clinicians are rewarded for care focused on care coordination, beneficiary engagement, and patient safety.
The MIPS Quality category replaces the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS).