Under MIPS, eligible clinicians will be required to report up to 6 quality measures, including at least one outcome measure or high-priority measure, for a minimum of 90 days during the 2017 performance year. Practice Fusion currently supports 23 eCQMs that can be reported for MIPS for the 2017 performance year.
|eCQM:||Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents|
|CMS ID:||CMS 155v5|
|NQS Domain:||Community/Population Health|
|MIPS High Priority Measure:||No|
|Eligible for Quality Programs:||
Percentage of patients 3-17 years of age who had an outpatient visit with a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN) and who had evidence of the following during the measurement period. Three rates are reported.
- Numerator 1: Patients who had a height, weight and body mass index (BMI) percentile recorded during the measurement period.
- Numerator 2: Patients who had counseling for nutrition during a visit that occurs during the measurement period.
- Numerator 3: Patients who had counseling for physical activity during a visit that occurs during the measurement period.
Denominator: Patients 3-17 years of age with at least one eligible outpatient visit (defined as a signed chart note with one of the following encounter types: Office Visit, Home Visit, Nurse Visit, or Nursing Home Visit) with a primary care physician (PCP) or an obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN) during the measurement period.
- Denominator Exclusion: Patients who have a diagnosis of pregnancy during the measurement period.
- Denominator Exceptions: None
What is the Quality Payment Program?
Quality Payment Program is the name given to the new Medicare value-based reimbursement system. The program has two tracks for participation: MIPS and APM
What are APMs?
MACRA allows providers who take further steps towards transforming healthcare to be exempt from MIPS and participate in Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
How to prepare
Individual eligible providers can prepare to meet all MIPS measures and be ready to avoid penalties and earn bonuses on January 1, 2017.