Note: Practice Fusion is committed to supporting our customers participating in MIPS in 2017. As a MIPS participant in 2017, you can use the Practice Fusion EHR and other tools to help you monitor your MIPS performance during your chosen 2017 reporting period. We are also continuing to actively work to further enhance our product functionality for MIPS and we will be giving further updates as they become available.
Under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) pathway of the MACRA Quality Payment Program, the Advancing Care Information (ACI) category replaces the Medicare EHR Incentive Program (Meaningful Use). ACI is one of the four performance categories that will be considered and weighted for scoring an eligible clinician’s performance under MIPS. This measure is not required to achieve the ACI base score, but may be selected to earn additional performance score credit. For more information on ACI scoring methodology, please click here.
|Objective:||Patient Electronic Access|
|Measure:||View, Download, or Transmit (VDT)
At least one patient seen by the MIPS eligible clinician during the performance period (or patient-authorized representative) views, downloads or transmits their health information to a third party during the performance period.
- Numerator: The number of unique patients in the denominator (or their authorized representatives) who have viewed online, downloaded, or transmitted to a third party the patient’s health information during the performance period.
- Denominator: Number of unique patients seen by the MIPS eligible clinician during the performance period.
Additional Measure Information
To earn performance score credit with this measure under the ACI performance category, a MIPS eligible clinician must meet the numerator requirements for as many denominator eligible patients as the clinician deems appropriate during his or her selected 2017 performance period. Every patient who is seen by the MIPS eligible clinician during the clinician’s selected performance period will count towards the measure denominator.
To gain denominator credit within the Practice Fusion EHR, patients must have at least one signed encounter note with a date of service from within the performance period. For information on earning numerator credit for this measure, see the Practice Fusion Suggested Workflow section below.
- Review the CMS specifications for more information about this measure.
- Practice Fusion Suggested Workflow
- For more information on the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program, you can visit Practice Fusion’s Quality Payment Program Knowledge Base.
- CMS also provides further resources about the Quality Payment Programhere.
What is the Quality Payment Program?
Quality Payment Program is the name given to the new Medicare value-based reimbursement system. The program has two tracks for participation: MIPS and APM
What are APMs?
MACRA allows providers who take further steps towards transforming healthcare to be exempt from MIPS and participate in Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
How to prepare
Individual eligible providers can prepare to meet all MIPS measures and be ready to avoid penalties and earn bonuses on January 1, 2017.