Practice Fusion provides clinical decision support notifications, performance dashboards, and automated patient communication tools to deliver better clinical care to your patients.
The platform is designed to make it easier for you to track and manage groups of patients across different clinical measures. Each clinical program begins with the identification of patients who are at risk or are missing recommended tests or treatments.
You’ll see population health management throughout your EHR in the following locations:
- Summary and detailed dashboards that allow you to track your efforts to improve outcomes and quality based on clinical guidelines.
- Clinical decision support notifications at the point of care to alert you that you are seeing a patient who may need attention.
- Optional opt-in patient communication tools to help you engage patients in their care when they are outside of your office.
The PHM dashboards allow you to track how many of your age-eligible patients have received certain evidence-based clinical care that may be appropriate for them. After you select the Population Health Management tile from the home screen or Population Health Management from Reports, you will be directed to your PHM dashboards.
The following definitions will help you understand the information displayed in the PHM dashboards:
You: The colored rate bar for “you” is red if it is below the median for all Practice Fusion providers and blue if it is above the median for all Practice Fusion providers. This rate represents the number of patients from the denominator who are not excluded and meet the numerator criteria for the measure.
All: The grey rate bar represents the median rate for all providers on the Practice Fusion platform for eligible age-appropriate patients with an office visit in the measurement period.
Measurement period: The measurement period for the PHM dashboard is the current calendar year from January 1 to December 31. This means that only patients who have an office visit between those dates will be included in the calculations.
Click below to learn more about any of our current population health management programs.
- Easily identify individuals who have not received the CDC recommended vaccinations.
- Compare your percentage of vaccinated patients to the median rate for all Practice Fusion providers.
- Better manage patients whose BMI falls outside of the clinically appropriate range (overweight or underweight).
- View dashboards and summaries of total patient population health.
- CDS alerts in your EHR help streamline care plans for your COPD/Asthma patients.
- Identify necessary medications, treatments, and ACT assessments directly from your chart note.