Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Puerto Rico to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surescripts certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (ePA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Puerto Rico PDMP requirements.
Although the integration between Practice Fusion and the Puerto Rico PDMP is not yet available, integrating Puerto Rico PDMP data within an Electronic Health Record (EHR), like Practice Fusion, can help provide a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. An EHR that is integrated with the Puerto Rico PDMP has the ability to automatically initiate a patient query, validate the provider’s credentials in the Puerto Rico PDMP, and return the patient’s prescription record directly within the provider’s EHR. The integration would seamlessly fit into the clinical workflow and allow for near real-time presentation of Puerto Rico PDMP data within the EHR.
To register for the Puerto Rico PDMP, visit https://puertorico.pmpaware.net/login
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.