Report: Practice Fusion Nabs Top Spot as the Largest Cloud-Based EHR in the U.S.
Independent research shows Practice Fusion outpacing the competition with its cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) platform
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – February 5, 2014 – Practice Fusion, the country’s largest physician-patient community, has been ranked as the largest cloud-based EHR system in the U.S., according to an independent report by SK&A, a Cegedim company. This report, “Physician Office Usage of Electronic Healthcare Records Software”, also ranked Practice Fusion as the fourth largest platform among the nearly 500 EHR systems on the market, with especially high usage among providers in solo- and small practices of 10 physicians or fewer.
SK&A also found that EHR usage is up amongst physicians nationwide, with 61 percent of office-based physicians reporting usage of an EMR in their practice in January 2014, an increase of 11 percent since January 2013. Among small-practice physicians, usage of EHR technology has risen from 42 percent to 54 percent year-over-year.
This has been widely cited as a make or break year for the EHR market with a small minority of vendors currently certified for Meaningful Use in 2014. Practice Fusion is the largest 2014 Meaningful Use certified EHR community, with dedicated resources to support providers as they transition from other systems. For many providers, the added pressure to stay on track for Meaningful Use stage 2 attestation means facing a switch from their current system.
- Practice Fusion, the nation’s largest cloud-based EHR, saw its market share rise significantly year-over-year, jumping from nearly four percent in January 2013 to approximately 6.4 percent in January 2014
- Since January 2013, Practice Fusion rose three spots on SK&A’s list from the 7th-largest EHR by market share to the 4th-largest EHR in the U.S.
- This report is based on telephone surveys of 270,036 U.S. medical sites conducted by SK&A, a Cegedim company
- Practice Fusion’s EHR Version 3.0 has been certified as a 2014 Complete EHR by the Drummond Group’s Electronic Health Records (EHR) Office of the National Coordinator Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) program
- The company’s web-based EHR is easily accessed from any computer with an internet connection and can be implemented in less than five minutes
“Landing in this leadership position on SK&A’s rankings reinforces what our 100,000-strong medical professional community tells us every day: that we’re the leading and fastest-growing cloud-based EHR platform,” said Ryan Howard, founder and CEO, Practice Fusion. “With more doctors, patients, imaging centers, labs and pharmacies joining us every month, we continue to see big demand for our products. And unlike other vendors, we offer dedicated support for those switching and easy implementation for those anxious to leave paper charting behind.”
Reporters interested in more information may contact Margaret Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Providers who would like to get started with the transition to Practice Fusion’s free EHR system may visit http://www.practicefusion.com.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion is the largest and fastest-growing healthcare platform, with a mission of connecting doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives. A driving force in modernizing American health care, Practice Fusion is used by a community of 100,000 monthly active medical professionals serving 80 million patients. In April 2013, the company launched its consumer-facing platform, Patient Fusion, where patients can find and book appointments with doctors and access their medical records. The World Economic Forum recognized Practice Fusion as a Technology Pioneer for 2013. www.practicefusion.com