Practice Fusion’s ChartShare® Feature Steps Up Communication Between Doctors
Doctors can send patient records and make referrals from Electronic Health Record system to any provider in the country with just a click – enabling collaboration and continuity of care.
SAN FRANCISCO – August 10, 2010 – Practice Fusion, the free web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) company, announced today the launch of their new ChartShare® feature which helps physicians electronically refer patients to any medical provider in the US. Including patient demographics, vitals, diagnoses, medications and allergies, ChartShare® helps providers ensure accuracy when exchanging key clinical information.
“Medical providers share dozens of patient charts each day,” said Glenn Laffel, MD, Senior Vice President of Clinical Affairs at Practice Fusion. “With ChartShare®, any authorized provider can share patient health records in real-time. This is a big step toward reducing preventable medical errors that cause nearly 200,000 deaths annually in the US. The administrative burden of manual referrals and correspondence is lifted from the provider so that they can focus on practicing good medicine.”
- ChartShare® is instantly available as part of Practice Fusion’s free, web-based EHR system.
- To refer with ChartShare®, the provider pulls up a patient chart, selects a contact from their referral list, quickly customizes a letter template and clicks to send.
- Specialists can use referral letters to respond to referrals that were sent to them by primary care physicians to summarize their diagnoses, medications and other data.
- Recipients receive a fax or PDF with a cover sheet, note from the sender and list of patient demographics, vitals, diagnoses, medications and allergies.
- Referrals and delivery status are automatically tracked within the practice’s EHR system.
- Patients see 18.7 different doctors on average according to a Practice Fusion survey. For 18-24 year olds, the average is 8.3. For patients over 65, the average is 28.4.
- The Department of Health and Human Services promotes broad use of health IT as a way to “improve health care quality, prevent medical errors, increase the efficiency of care provision and reduce unnecessary health care costs, increase administrative efficiencies, decrease paperwork, expand access to affordable care, and improve population health.”
Access to data within Practice Fusion is controlled by well-defined provider roles and access levels, the enforcement of strong login passwords, stringent user authentication and user inactivity locks. Only NP and MD level users can access the referral system within Practice Fusion.
Practice Fusion’s EHR, including ChartShare®, is available free to any medical provider. With over 40,000 registered users, Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EHR community in the US. Medical professionals can register for Practice Fusion online in seconds at www.practicefusion.com/go.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) system to primary care physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EHR community in the country with more than 40,000 users. For more information on Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
Press Contact – Practice Fusion
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: San Francisco