SAN FRANCISCO – February 16, 2011 – Practice Fusion, the free, web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) company, is holding a nationwide contest for developers and researchers on DataMarket within Microsoft's Windows Azure platform. The Analyze This! challenge wraps up this month as part of the Health 2.0 and US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Developer Challenge.
Matthew Douglass, Practice Fusion's VP of Product Development, and Bruno Aziza, Director and Worldwide Strategy Lead of Business Intelligence at Microsoft, discuss theAnalyze This! challenge in a video filmed February 1-3 at the O'Reilly Strata Conference in Santa Clara, CA. The video, produced for Microsoft's BizIntelligence.tv, invites teams to utilize anonymous health data for the improvement of public health.
"Bringing healthcare into the digital age to improve care and curb costs is only as effective as the researchers and developers who accept the challenge," said Matthew Douglass, VP of Product Development at Practice Fusion. "We see this challenge as an important step toward the goal of widespread analysis of health data."
Watch the video: Bruno Aziza and Matthew Douglass discuss the Analyze This! challenge.
Details of the Analyze This! Challenge:
- Development teams receive access to free anonymous health data from Practice Fusion along with other MarketPlace datasets.
- Teams compete for a $5,000 prize and chance to demo live on stage at Health 2.0 San Diego.
- The deadline for completed submissions is February 28, 2011.
- Learn more about the Practice Fusion Analyze This! challenge and the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge.
- Corporate, individual and academic development teams are welcome.
- With 70,000 medical providers and 8 million patients, the Practice Fusion platform is emerging as a key testing ground for national health trends.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Health Record system to primary care physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EHR community in the country with more than 70,000 users and 8 million patients. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.992.7726