San Francisco, CA – November 10, 2010 – Practice Fusion, the fastest growing EMR community in the US, kicked off its first user conference last Friday with several major announcements from CEO Ryan Howard including milestones around the company's growth. Just three years after the free, web-based EMR's launch, the company now serves 50,000 medical professionals and 5 million patients. Practice Fusion's growth has accelerated so that the company is now adding more than half a million patients to the system each month.
"We're growing faster than ever," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion, on stage at Practice Fusion Connect 2010. "There is tremendous strength in our numbers. We now reach almost 2 percent of the US population, making us the third largest EMR community behind the VA and Kaiser. We are creating a revolutionary transition in the delivery of care of in the US, one free EHR account at a time."
In addition to the 5 million patient announcement, highlights from the user conference included:
- Detailed discussion of Practice Fusion's ONC-ATCB certification as an EHR Module, a first step toward ensuring users can apply for $44,000 in Meaningful Use incentives
- Previews of coming iPad, iPhone and Android mobile availability for the EMR
- Plans for using Practice Fusion's API to connect at-home medical devices to the EMR
- Information about the Microsoft's Windows Azure MarketPlace partnership to offer a free set of de-identified health information to researchers
- Announcements of new lab integrations and feature enhancements coming in 2011
- Deep dive sessions covering practical tips for billing and practice management
- One-on-one training sessions for users throughout the day
- Photo and video booths where the community shared their perspective on the EMR
Practice Fusion Connect 2010 was held at Fort Mason in San Francisco on November 5. The free user conference brought together doctors, nurses, practice managers and other medical professionals from across the country to share insight into Practice Fusion's free EMR system. Conference sponsors included Kareo, CollaborateMD, ReachMD, MD Secretary, Medical Billing, Digital Island and iMD.
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 50,000 users. For more information on Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
This EHR Module is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ATCB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. Practice Fusion was certified October 18, 2010, Certification ID number 10182010-9527-1, for Clinical Quality Measures: 170.302 (c), 170.302 (d) 170.302 (e), 170.302 (f)(1), 170.302 (f)(2), 170.302 (f)(3) 170.302 (o), 170.302 (p), 170.302 (q), 170.302 (r), 170.302 (s), 170.302 (t), 170.302 (u), 170.302 (v), 170.304 (b)
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.992.7726