Practice Fusion Launches iPad Access at HIMSS
Free, web-based Electronic Medical Records system teams up with LogMeIn to launch iPad solution for doctors, nurses and medical professionals.
ORLANDO,FL – February 22, 2010 – Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Records system in the US, launched iPad access today at the annual HIMSS Healthcare IT Conference in Orlando, the premier health IT conference which drew over 27,000 attendees in 2010. The company teamed with LogMeIn, the remote access software company behind the top grossing 3rd party iPad app of 2010, to bring iPad access to the Practice Fusion community. The iPad solution is an affordable, secure and easy way for medical professionals to stay connected on the go.
“Mobile is the future of medicine,” said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. “LogMeIn helps Practice Fusion get there faster. Our doctors can now access their free EMR accounts online securely with a $30 app – it’s the kind of simple and fast solution we love to share with our community of medical professionals.”
- Set up your Practice Fusion + iPad account today.
- With a free Practice Fusion EMR account and a $29.95 LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone/iPad app, medical providers can use an iPad to chart anywhere they have cell or WiFi reception.
- Practice Fusion’s iPad solution is available at a fraction of the cost of other systems.
- LogMeIn can also be used to connect Android tablets and smartphones to Practice Fusion using the LogmeIn Ignition for Android app.
- iPad availability has been a top-requested feature from the Practice Fusion community.
- Practice Fusion currently has 70,000 users serving 8 million patients.
- Over 100 million devices worldwide have connected to a LogMeIn service.
- Both LogMeIn and Practice Fusion provide free support to users.
- According to enterprise mobility vendor Good Technology, healthcare is among the top three industries adopting the iPad for business use after financial services and high tech.
- Check out mobihealthnews’ Infographic: Sizing Up the iPad for Healthcare.
The iPad has become a popular hardware choice in the medical community due to the device’s portability and similarity in feel to a traditional paper chart. Practice Fusion’s flexible templating system designed to capture, store, and share important health information with just a few clicks. The LogMeIn solution represents the first step in Practice Fusion’s continuing mobile strategy.
Healthcare providers interested in trying Practice Fusion’s free EMR system can sign up online at practicefusion.com/go. The EMR includes charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, referral letters and other clinical features tailored to the primary care medical practice.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system to primary care physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 70,000 users serving 8 million patients. Physicians voted Practice Fusion as the No. 1 EMR in customer satisfaction for primary care in 2011 in Brown-Wilson’s Black Book Rankings. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.992.7726