Practice Fusion Announces Free EMR for iPad in Beta
Health tech innovator announces entry into the mobile market with sleek, intuitive medical record system for iPad
SAN FRANCISCO – November 13, 2012 – Practice Fusion today announced the beta launch of their Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for the iPad, answering the demand of the nation’s largest doctor-patient community. The new platform for securely accessing patient records and documenting visits on the iPad was designed with an intuitive, touch-screen interface together with the leading design firm, Cooper.
Due to high demand for beta access, Practice Fusion is limiting availability to medical providers on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested health care professionals can join the wait list at www.practicefusion.com/beta.
“One in four doctors adopting an Electronic Medical Record system today is choosing Practice Fusion because it is free and easy-to-use,” said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. “With launch of the most elegant and intuitive iPad product on the market, we’re sweetening the deal even further. Now more than ever, there is absolutely no reason for a doctor to spend money on EMR technology.”
- Currently in limited release, medical professionals can sign up for the iPad beta waiting list at www.practicefusion.com/beta.
- The first version of Practice Fusion’s EMR on the iPad includes viewing schedules, browsing past patient medical records, recording vitals and documenting patient visits.
- The iPad solution is designed to work in tandem with Practice Fusion’s web-based EMR. Users can be logged in to both systems simultaneously and data is updated in real-time across the Practice Fusion network.
- The company collaborated with the internationally renowned Cooper design firm to create an intuitive user experience and sophisticated visual structure.
- iPad access has been the No. 1 most requested feature from Practice Fusion users over the past year.
- In a recent survey, 36 percent of all Practice Fusion users reported owning a tablet, of which 65 percent were iPads. When asked “How important are tablets in your practice?” 62 percent indicated that a tablet was “More Important” or “Very Important” to their practice.
Practice Fusion for iPad is the next step in the company’s mission to bring doctors innovative free technology to improve their workflows and help save patient lives. Practice Fusion currently serves 150,000 medical professionals and 50 million patients. General availability for the iPad solution is slated for the end of 2012, to be followed closely by new feature launches for tablet including e-prescribing and expanded device support.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR software addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing electronic medical record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 50 million patients. The company announced a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.992.7726