Free EMR Brings $22 Million in Incentives to US Doctors
Practice Fusion is listed as a top 10 vendor for ambulatory Meaningful Use attestations from among 776 Electronic Medical Record systems
SAN FRANCISCO – April 3, 2012 – Practice Fusion has been ranked as a top 10 vendor for successful completions of the federal EMR incentive program by medical professionals, according to data released by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) as of January 2012. As the highest ranked free Electronic Medical Record (EMR) solution listed and one of the youngest vendors participating in the program, Practice Fusion’s innovative EMR technology has delivered an estimated $22 million in incentives to small and mid-sized medical practices all across the country.
“Meaningful Use can be complicated, but Practice Fusion makes the process easy for doctors,” said Dr. Robert Rowley, Medical Advisor of Practice Fusion. “We’ve designed our interactive Meaningful Use dashboard, free support and comprehensive, step-by-step guidance to suit the needs of busy medical practices. Because Practice Fusion’s EMR is completely free and we never take a cut of incentives, our doctors are able to reinvest 100 percent of their Meaningful Use checks back in to their practices.”
- Practice Fusion currently ranks No. 10 out of 776 ambulatory vendors based on the number of eligible providers who successfully attested to Meaningful Use through the Medicare program between April 2010 and January 2012
- Practice Fusion ranked in Meaningful Use attestations for 43 different medical specialties, including:
- No. 2 in Psychiatry
- No. 3 in Podiatry
- No. 3 in General Medicine
- No. 6 in Endocrinology
- No. 6 in Geriatrics
- Growing rapidly, Practice Fusion ranks No. 5 when looking at just the last two months of attestation numbers, only behind legacy vendors Epic, Allscripts, eClinicalWorks and NextGen
- The top 10 vendors represent 66 percent of all Meaningful Use attestations and the top 25 represent 85 percent of attestations, indicating that the EMR market is beginning to consolidate
- Part of the 2009 Economic Stimulus Program (ARRA), Meaningful Use was created to incentivize eligible medical providers for using EMR technology in a way that benefits patients, improves care quality and advances public health goals
- Practice Fusion is a completely free EMR solution for doctors interested in Meaningful Use. There is no charge for e-prescribing, charting, scheduling or giving patients real-time access to their records
Practice Fusion was recently named the No. 1 EMR for keeping doctors on track for Meaningful Use attestation, according to Brown-Wilson’s Black Book rankings. In addition, Practice Fusion was named the No. 1 EMR for customer satisfaction for all four primary care specialties—Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Family Practice and General Practice. With over 150,000 medical professional users reaching more than 34 million patients, Practice Fusion is currently the fastest growing EMR community in the country.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing Electronic Medical Records community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 34 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit http://www.practicefusion.com/.
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.992.7615