- Practice Fusion's free, web-based EMR is bundled with Dell desktop, laptop, printer, scanner and networking systems.
- Dell hardware is pre-configured for medical practices, verified to work with Practice Fusion and can be rapidly implemented.
- Packaged solution connects small and mid-sized medical practices with latest technology for improving healthcare efficiency and patient care; eliminates the traditional cost and technology barriers faced in EMR adoption.
San Francisco and Round Rock, TX, June 3, 2010 - Practice Fusion and Dell today announced that they will deliver affordable, easy-to-use EMR technology to doctors around the country. The Dell/Practice Fusion packaged solution uniquely serves the needs of the small medical practices, especially those in primary care, that make up almost 80 percent of the physician landscape. These medical practices are traditionally the hardest to reach with new technology, even though they are the foundation for preventative and specialty health care across the US.
The Dell/Practice Fusion packaged solution combines Practice Fusion's free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system with Dell's EMR technology hardware suite including desktop and laptop computers, specialized broadband hardware, scanners and printers. The package is ideal for small practices looking for an affordable turnkey EMR solution that is easy to purchase and use. With Dell and Practice Fusion, medical offices can easily replace paper systems with electronic charting, scheduling, prescribing and lab orders, improving the efficiency of the care delivered to patients as a result.
By teaming with Dell, Practice Fusion is giving physicians an easy and convenient way to acquire the hardware they need to use EMR. And Dell continues its focus on improving the accessibility and affordability of information technology particularly at the frontline of the healthcare system.
Doctors can acquire the packaged solution easily by:
- Visiting Practice Fusion to order Dell laptops and desktops tested by Dell's verification lab and tailored to the size and needs of their practice.
- Calling Dell specialists at 1-866-DELL-EMR to determine the right combination of computers and wireless systems and choosing Practice Fusion's free EMR as the system component of their order.
When a Dell and Practice Fusion package is ordered by a medical practice, it will receive:
- Three months interest-free financing on the order for qualified users.
- Quick online access to the fully-enabled EMR account for every member of the practice.
- Fast delivery of practice-ready hardware from Dell.
- Assistance with EMR training and setting up e-prescribing, lab connections and a Personal Health Record portal for patients.
- Phone support from Practice Fusion and Dell.
Scott Jenkins, Ph.D., Vice President of Dell Healthcare Solutions
"Small medical practices face a unique set of challenges in the US; they're small businesses and they represent the front-line of our healthcare system. Our goal is to bring leading edge, yet very affordable technology to small practices and to simplify how they use and manage it so that doctors can focus their attention on serving patients and delivering the highest levels of medical care."
Ryan Howard, CEO, Practice Fusion
"There is no reason for American doctors to continue using paper records. With Dell and Practice Fusion, making the switch to an Electronic Medical Record system is affordable and easy. It is exhilarating to see US healthcare, at both the local and national levels, make the transition to modern, life-saving information technology. Dell and Practice Fusion are working together to reinvent the doctor's office. "
Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) helps customers succeed by understanding their issues and needs and delivering innovative, high-value IT solutions. Dell one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of IT services with business and technology solutions that extend from the point of care to the data center and from some of the largest healthcare systems in the world to some of the smallest physician practices.
Dell is pioneering new solutions to improve the accessibility and affordability of critical HIT at healthcare's front line and to connect the healthcare eco system so that providers, payers and pharmaceutical companies can harness the power of information to streamline administration and coordinate, manage and improve patient care. Click here for more information.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) system to primary care physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EHR community in the country with more than 40,000 users. For more information on Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.http://practicefusion.com/ehr-statistics.html
The Dell products described are not medical devices and are not certified as Medical Electrical Equipment under UL 60601-1. For more information, please visit www.dell.com/healthcare/certification.
Financing available through TCF Equipment Finance. Terms and conditions contingent upon credit approval. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visitwww.dell.com/servicedescriptions For copy of the Limited Hardware Warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or go to http://www.dell.com/warranty. Please contact your Dell representative for more information.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Texas
- Phone: 512.728.7347
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: 415.992.7726