We help students prepare for the future of health information technology by supporting programs that offer practical EHR experience.
Technology plays a vital and growing role in the practice of medicine. With a new generation of tech-savvy doctors entering the medical field and billions of dollars in stimulus funds going toward EHR adoption, we’re in the midst of big changes—making education imperative.
Practice Fusion’s Academic Program works with medical schools to ensure that aspiring doctors get the health informatics education they need to better serve patients. University and college staff, professors, medical students and residents can all receive free Academic Licenses.
- Free access to the largest and fastest growing web-based EHR / PHR.
- License to a pre-configured, standardized, sample patient dataset for use in course curriculum and class labs.
- Unlimited number of user accounts for students at an accredited education system or part of a residency program.
- All user accounts are automatically provisioned with the sample patient dataset.
- Software is free and can be carried over by students after graduation.
- EHR Software upgrades are seamless, immediate and made available for free.
- Student accounts can be converted to full commercial licenses once a NPI, UPIN or license number is associated with the account.
- Unlimited free training material in the Practice Fusion Learning Center.
Academic Partner responsibilities:
- Partner will be responsible for providing EHR support to students and facility.
- Partner will make commercially reasonable efforts to update their curriculum annually to incorporate and train users on the latest EMR/PHR features and capabilities.
- Partner and Practice Fusion will provide each other with a logo and brand guidelines for use on respective websites and in other promotional materials.
- Practice Fusion will include Partner logo on affiliate list below.
- Partner will issue a press release to announce the use of Practice Fusion in Partner’s educational program. The press release is subject to mutual approval by both Parties.
Register for a free academic license
Academic license is the same as commercial license with the exception of access to live support, the ability to print, send e-prescriptions, order and receive diagnostic tests, and connect billing integrations. NOTE: Please select "I am a teacher or student" when signing up.
Computer Skills Institute
“CSI’s Medical Support Specialist program trains students to use Practice Fusion’s EHR software. Education is the key to success and we encourage our students to become certified consultants with Practice Fusion so they can teach the software to medical office staff and potentially secure employment in the field with their expertise.”
– Sheri Carparelli– Director/Owner, Computer Skills Institute
Health Information Technology
DeVry University’s Health Information Technology degree program follows a curriculum based on current associate degree entry-level competencies outlined by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Students have 24/7 access to up-to-date coding and chart management lab software from Practice Fusion and the opportunity for professional practice experience, including two practicums.
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma Program
“I am excited to teach Practice Fusion to our Medical Assistants and our Medical Billing and Coding Specialist students. Practice Fusion has provided live training sessions and tutorial videos to enhance the student’s learning experience. This gives our graduates an edge in an ever-changing health care industry—as well as a better chance of finding their dream job!”
- Yehia Aly, MBA, CPC, Florida Technical College
Health Information Management Program
“Practice Fusion is a valuable educational tool and a very attractive option for medical practices. I taught two physicians and ten practice managers during a three hour seminar this morning. They were impressed as I walked them through exercises using my academic account.”
- Brandy Ziesemer, RHIA, CCS
Informatics in Medicine
“I currently teach the medical informatics course for the Department of Physician Assistant Studies at NYIT. I have chosen to work with Practice Fusion to teach students about EHRs because of its great cost (free) and ease of navigation.”
- Frank Acevedo , RPA-C, M.S
Health Information Management – Kim Lee, RHIA, CCS-P, CPC
Medical Informatics Certificate Program