Video tutorial: e-Prescribing
We’re making exciting updates to e-prescribing so you can manage your medication orders faster and from anywhere.
- e-Prescribe with full functionality on your tablet.
- Quickly manage refills directly from your Task list.
- Utilize our enhanced medication search for better results and fewer custom medication entries.
View your ordering screen side-by-side with the patient’s chart or encounter, so you always have context on the patient’s current status.
Time-saving pharmacy search
- More flexible search that also defaults to searching retail pharmacies in your area.
- A list of frequently used pharmacies.
In the new EHR, all your refills will come into the Task list as practice tasks, which means that anyone in your practice can view the refill request. This is especially useful when you’ll be on vacation, or can’t be reached at a given time, to let other providers in your practice help process your patients’ refill requests.
- The task list houses all incoming tasks for you and your practice, including refills, unsigned chart notes, failed fax referrals, lab and imaging orders and results, and more.
- Filter the task list to see only refill requests.
- Other e-prescribing enabled members of your practice can help process your patients’ refill requests.
Viewing your prescription history
Your prescription history has a new home. To view all your prescriptions in the new EHR, visit the medications report in the reports section, or find all prescriptions for a given patient on that patient’s Timeline.
Each patient’s medications can be accessed from either the Patient Summary or from any encounter in the new EHR. Here’s what’s changed for medication management:
- Drug search is now much faster and more up-to-date. No more need to create custom medications, since our database will always be updated.
- Search your frequently prescribed medications to quickly find a medication you’re looking for.
- Common SIGs specific to each medication are pre-filled to help save you time.
- Save clicks with interaction and formulary alerts available at a glance while recording a medication, before you prescribe.
- Interaction alerts are now more comprehensive and can be expanded to show more information.
- View the full medication list from any encounter, including medication, SIG, Start date, and e-prescriptions.