For those who did not submit sufficient numbers of G-codes in the first half of 2011, but have participated in Meaningful Use (registered for the program in 2011), submission of an exemption request must be done by November 1, 2011.
Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, so create a thoughtful argument. There is no appeal process – the decision by CMS is final.
In order to submit a request for eRx Initiative exemption (and therefore avoid penalties in 2012), follow the following steps:
1. Go to the PQRS site: www.qualitynet.org/portal/server.pt/community/pqri_home/212
2. In the “Related Links” box (upper left), open the “Communications Support page.” This will open an online form
3. Fill out the form fields, including all the identifying information requested
4. Check the “eRx Payment Adjustment Feedback Report”
5. Check the first option, and indicate your EHR Incentive Program Registration ID#, and the 15-digit ONC Certification number of the product you are using (for Practice Fusion, it’s 30000004H0RCEA0). If the slideshow below shows a different number, please use this number and not the one in the presentation.
6. Add a descriptive justification in the text box. We suggest something like “I am an active e-prescriber using Certified EHR technology, and will demonstrate this through the EHR Incentive Program eRx criterion”
7. Attest to the accuracy of the information and submit
The following is a step-by-step illustration of the process.